Vaping has been one of the most popular methods of consuming CBD for just about as long as CBD has been the star of the supplement industry. People who prefer to consume their CBD by inhaling it like the fact that it offers a number of benefits including faster absorption and higher bioavailability.
Until recently, e-liquids and pre-filled vape cartridges have been the only types of CBD vaping products that you could expect most CBD sellers to offer. These days, though, CBD sellers are beginning to offer a wider array of CBD products than ever – and at some websites, those products now include whole CBD hemp flower for vaping or smoking.
So, is CBD flower something that you should actually consider buying? What are the differences between CBD flower and CBD vape cartridges? Those are the questions we’re going to explore in this article.
The Major Difference Between CBD Flower and CBD Vape Cartridges Is How You Use Them
You can use both CBD flower and CBD vape cartridges by vaping them, but the type of device that you’ll need is completely different. The good news is that, either way, you can buy the equipment you need from a shop that specializes in alternative vaporizers like Lux Vapes.
- If you want to vape whole CBD flower, you’ll need a dry herb vaporizer. A dry herb vaporizer heats the herbs until they reach the point at which their active compounds vaporize. You then absorb the compounds by inhaling the vapor. You can also use CBD flower by rolling it up and smoking it, just like any other form of cannabis.
- If you want to use CBD vape cartridges, you’ll need a vape pen or mod designed for e-liquid vaping. You’ll screw the cartridge into the threading at the top of the vaping device, and you’ll hold the device’s fire button and inhale when you want to vape.
What Are the Pros and Cons of CBD Flower?
As with any other form of CBD consumption, CBD flower has its share of benefits and drawbacks. These are the things that you should consider before buying CBD flower.
- CBD flower is a whole cannabis product. When you vape or smoke it, you’re getting the full entourage effect that results from consuming the whole plant in its natural state. In addition to the CBD, you’re also getting the plant’s terpenes and minor cannabinoids. For that reason, some people find CBD flower more effective than CBD vape cartridges even though vape cartridges typically contain more CBD.
- You know what you’re getting when you buy CBD flower: You’re getting a whole plant product that you can see and understand, and you’re getting a product that doesn’t have any unknown or potentially dangerous ingredients like Vitamin E. The safety profile of vaping or smoking CBD flower is the same as the safety profile of vaping or smoking any other form of cannabis.
- CBD flower has the same potent smell as marijuana. It might be a completely legal product, but it may still raise some eyebrows or attract unwanted attention if you use it in public or live in a multi-resident dwelling.
- There’s a good deal of work involved in vaping CBD flower. You’ll need to grind the herb and pack the device. When your session is over, you’ll need to clean the vaporizer out and dispose of the spent herb. Some people find the ritual enjoyable; others would rather have something that’s ready to use out of the box.
- You may find it surprisingly fun and satisfying to prepare and use a whole plant product. In comparison, using a CBD vape cartridge may feel somewhat detached and clinical.
What Are the Pros and Cons of CBD Vape Carts?
CBD vape cartridges have been around as long as people have been using CBD, and that means they offer a fair number of benefits. If they didn’t, nobody would use them. While many people love CBD vape carts and use them every day, though, they also have a few potential drawbacks.
- When you use a CBD vape cartridge, you’re generally not getting the full entourage effect that you would get with whole CBD flower. That’s because CBD vape cartridges are usually made with CBD isolate, which contains no terpenes or cannabinoids other than CBD. The fact that a vape cartridge is made from CBD isolate, however, also means that it can have much more total CBD than a small amount of CBD flower. You’ll also get more vaping sessions out of a CBD cartridge than you would from a handful of CBD hemp buds, which may only be enough for a single session. In terms of the product’s potency and effectiveness, it may be a good idea to try both CBD flower and CBD vape cartridges to see which works better for you.
- CBD flower is usually fairly expensive for the amount of CBD that you get. On a dollars-per-milligram basis, CBD vape cartridges tend to be much cheaper. That could change if more companies begin selling CBD flower.
- When you buy CBD vape carts, there’s no chance of an uncomfortable confrontation with your local mail carriers. CBD flower may be legal, but that doesn’t mean it won’t raise some eyebrows at the post office if someone notices a smell emanating from the package. CBD vape cartridges have no smell.
- The fact that CBD vape cartridges have no smell also means that they’re very discreet. You’re not going to attract attention if you use a CBD vape cartridge in an apartment community.
- You can use CBD vape cartridges with the smallest vaping devices. You can carry them anywhere, and they’re always ready to go.
- CBD vape cartridges arrive filled and ready to use. There’s nothing to grind before vaping and nothing to clean up after you’re done. All that you need to do is connect a cartridge to your device and enjoy. When the cartridge is empty, you’ll simply discard it.
- There is some concern about the possibility that a CBD vape cartridge could contain unwanted ingredients like food oils or Vitamin E. Before buying any CBD vape cart, you should be absolutely certain that the seller has tested the product for unwanted contaminants.