The vaping lifestyle is increasingly popular. Those who don’t vape often wonder how much it costs to get the freedom and flavor vaping allows. Let’s take a look at a few options and how they affect how much your clouds are running you.
Setting Some Expectations
Let’s face it, there is no single, set cost for vaping. One of the greatest things about it is that you are completely free to vape how, when, what, and how much you want, so no two vapers are alike. Instead, we’re going to look at the relative cost of a few different methods of vaping.
- Freebase Nicotine – This is the “traditional” vaping that has been around the longest. It uses high pH, low-nicotine solutions in a vape to deliver nice, thick clouds.
- CBD – Cannabidiol is one of the active compounds found in cannabis, and when extracted from industrial hemp, is federally legal and many states are jumping on-board as CBD gains steam. CBD won’t get you high like THC does, but you could still get some of those vaunted cannabis health benefits.
- Nicotine Salts – These highly potent vaping blends deliver a lot of nicotine with less liquid and battery used per puff. Nic salts are driving the growth of social vaping through convenience, cost, and reliability while also making a name for themselves as potential aids to leaving smoking behind.
Running The Numbers
It’s important to note that we’re entering territory here that is largely driven by personal preference. We can’t tell you for sure how vaping will fit in with your budget or which equipment and e-juice will save you the most money. That being said, there are a few commonalities to keep in mind when deciding how to vape:
- Freebase Nicotine Vaping Has Cheaper Liquid, But More Expensive Vapes – If you’re used to top-of-the-line box mods, this is no surprise to you. While there are budget vapes that get the job done a bit cheaper, you’re not getting the same performance that makes mods so fun. Your set-up costs may be a little higher, but bottles of your favorite flavor are fairly inexpensive. Plus, higher wattage vapes are what’s generally needed for effective CBD vaping if that’s what you’re using.
- CBD Can Be The Most Expensive All-Around – From the more expensive equipment to the more costly CBD liquid, CBD vaping can easily cost quadruple what nicotine vaping does. That being said, rather than vaping as a hobby, many CBD vapers are using it as a dosing mechanism for health and wellness, changing the cost/value equation. If it helps you get a handle on pain, anxiety, or any of the other issues CBD may help with, it’s often worth it.
- Nic Salts Are Cheap And Effective In The Long Run – There’s a reason devices like Juul vapes are becoming so popular. They’re small, easy to use, and deliver a lot of nicotine bang for your buck. While not the only nic salt vape, they are perhaps the most well known. The low voltage, high resistance hardware atomizes concentrations of 6% or more to deliver a super-strong dose of nicotine in every puff. Between the lower power requirements and the lower amount of juice used per puff, an economical vaper can come out ahead if they avoid proprietary pods and opt for refillable pod systems or aftermarket flavor options.
Getting More Vaping For Less Moolah
If you’re looking for a few tips to help you cut your vaping cost down, there are a few options for you. With the right choices, you can spend less without compromising on your vaping lifestyle.
- Finding Your Favorites Saves You Money – It may sound like a no-brainer, but the easiest way to save money is not to waste it. With so many options like one-time-use pods, refillable pods, various concentrations, and a wealth of flavors from different manufacturers, it’s easy to spend a small fortune trying everything. Often times, the result is an empty bank account and a small stash of half-filled bottles, single pods, and devices of several designs. To get the full benefits of vaping, you definitely should cultivate variety to shake things up, but do so building off what you know will work.
- Refilling Reduces Costs – Choosing a vape with refillable pods over one-time-use systems can be a real cost saver. Choose actual refillable pods, not ones that you can refill if you take a razor, tweezers, and other tools to the pod to modify it. You run the risk of leaving a leak that can damage your equipment or leave you with an unsafe vape.
- Shop Online – Choosing online vape shops can be a great way to stretch your vaping dollar and find more of what you love. Online stores have less overhead and often carry a wider range of merchandise. With speedy shipping options, you can order online and try out your new gear or juice in a matter of days.
Get More From Your Vaping Experience
With so many options, there’s a way to vape that fits both your lifestyle and your budget. Find the right path for you, brush up on good habits, and enjoy your clouds.
About the Author
Tess DiNapoli is an artist, freelance writer, and content strategist. She has a passion for yoga and often writes about alternative health, but also enjoys covering the fashion industry.